Sunday, January 27, 2013

recycle containers with ribbon

One of our large stationery store is running a craft competition. The have not put out what they expect you just have to put your projects in with instructions. The problem is I have put in advanced projects and the winners have done something as simple as decorating a light shade with bought felt flowers. So this time I tried to combine simple with useful.
I have taken a milk bottle and cut it down to 2.5 inches. I then glued ribbon around it and also over the handle which is also cut from the milk bottle. They do make really cute little baskets. I also did a fruit salad can and wrapped the ribbon vertically to cover the can then placed a ribbon round the inside  to cover the edges. I have decorated them with embellishments I have in my stash. The ribbon is American craft ribbon and comes in a 24 pack value pack of 1 metre on each roll. If I win anything I will blog it.







free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

2 comments:

  1. Wow these are so pretty and colorful. Fantastic
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole I appreciate your comment, they only take about 30 minutes to make and use up all those little bits of ribbon. Great kids project to help them tidy up as well.

    ReplyDelete