Monday, August 13, 2012

the Lion cage


 I was looking at doing a bird cage but then the thought popped into my head to do a circus theme to match the fair ground circus theme, I have done the ferris wheel. Now I'm not sure that actually goes together but I do have a haunted house that will be added to this lot as well. Well my bird cage got fatter and shorter and I just couldn't get the thought of lions inside it out of my head so I decided to make it into a lion cage. I used the star from the centre of the ferris wheel and made the 'fire' in the centre of red glitter paper punched leaves from the SU bird punch. The lions are from zoo animals and stand up because I have added a circle to the bottom of their feet. The top of the cage wasn't quite right but that was because I forgot to change the angle to glue it on but as with all metalwork I just gave it a squeeze and a poke and made it go up and down and quite like my delapated lion cage. The bottom liner has stars embossed on it and is pearlised in gold giving the bottom a sandy look.


glitter - http://www.sparklee.com

No comments:

Post a Comment