Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Super gift from a friend




A very special friend gave me the little nurse mounted onto the white/brown swirl background and then onto the crimped white background. Then came up with the sentiment "Stop I have a rectal thermometer and I know where to shove it" I have been in hospital lately first to have both knee joints replaced then because I had an infection. The little gift my friend devised made me laugh as I am a nurse. I wanted to keep this as it is so special to me. I had a window box but it didn't quite fit so I made a blackmatand put gold interference on itto match the swirl paper she had used behind the nurse. Then on the window box I decided it would look better darker so I used walnut distress in and coloured the outside of the box and Disress ink pad Pine needles to add some colour to the inside of the box. Then I wondered if the interference would stick to the outside of the box and yep. It did so I used a SU stamp set Priceless to get the swirl pattern and used the gold interference and this is what it came out like. I love it and will find a place where I can display it.

glitter - http://www.sparklee.com

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: