Sunday, September 19, 2010

A paper Cake for Sandra





Sandra Boston from Kiwi Cakes came to Tauranga on Saturday to demo the cricut cake machine. I had the privilage of being her assistant and watching as she cut words and intricut detailed cuts and laid them on the cake dummies we had been supplied with. Not to be outdone Friday night I made Sandra a cake in paper to show her how it can be done both ways. I used a sheet of A5 paper and cuts from Cake basics cartridge and this is what I came up with. The Happy birthday is layered onto the shadow of the same words the trim at the top is the scalloped border welded and the trim at the bottom is the negative of the scalloped border. the butterfly the paisley and the heart are cuts I wanted to try so I added them to show the cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment