Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Stack Emboss Technique

This is a new technique that I did when making a background in Aluminium foil (al foil) once I had done it I needed a name for it and being on Crafters Anon I asked one of the ladies what to call it. Well Lyn Fox came up with 'stack emboss technique' so this new technique because it was like a sandwich but it wasn't the same each side so Lyn thought of a stack so I will call "Stack embossing'. Thanks Lyn for your help.
This is a new technique that I did when making a background in Aluminium foil (al foil) I wanted the dots but I wanted the lines as well from the two different embossing folders so what I did was put the 2 folders on top of each other with the al foil between. when I double embossed the al foil it split and it didn't when I stack embossed it. I used the dots folder cuttlebug little miracle and the wood door from another embossing folder (unnamed). I used the emboss side for each of the folders to get this background.
stack embossed al foil
Here is the background and how I made it.
folders sis by side
Take 2 folders 2 folders
Put the al foil between them. I used the emboss side of each of the folders. Run them through your cuttlebug. You now have a background piece of Al foil.

I made a card for fathers day and for it I made an origami shirt and tie. I put them on the card and this is how they looked.
Photobucket
It looks lovely but I felt it needed something else so I made the background above and this is how it looks now.
Photobucket
I am hoping to post how I did the shirt and tie soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment