Monday, April 19, 2010

Get Well soon









A good friend is not so well so I have made her this card. Thank goodness for the gypsy. I used multiple carts. Doodle Charms lady bug, gyspy wanderings leaves, WIMG pot and ladybug, AE flowers, sentimentals bee, home decore more leaves. the flowers are put together three together and then an eyelet through the centre. the flower petals have been glitter glued or stickled. the sentiments are done with spellbinders nestabilities and stamped with a variety of stamps. My card was sort of the gift as when you open the card it stands up like a pot of flowers so I made a small card as well the sentiment inside is from SU If nothing ever changed there would be no butterflies" I stamped it with butterflies and used spellbinders to make the outside and used ribbon to compliment the front.
Well no card is complete without an envelope but it just didn't fit so I made a box. I have been practicing an origami type method where most of it is folded and crossed this with boxmaking from crafters companion and decided on the size and made it. the difference with this box is that the sides are folded over making it a bit stronger. I made the bottom first them added about 3/8-1/2 inch for the lid and it worked out quite well. I used a pretty paper for the top and a plain paper for the bottom. A double sided paper would also look good but what I did was put the lid under the box so the inside was coloured and the lid showed on the outside and then stood the card up inside the box. It worked out well and the 3d effect looked good.
My cards always have hidden meanings the flowers are a gift they are pretty and colourful, the lady bugs are the "get well bug" and the butterfly for the flight to wellness. The bee to bee better soon.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Flo! Found your blog by accident and glad I did. Became a follower lickety-split.

    My daughter was born on the same date (not year, tho!) as your grandson! :-)

    Linda
    http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete